Friday, August 30, 2013 / 8:18 am
The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation Annual Retreat 2013
Hosted by co-founders Nancy and Katherine Heigl, the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation annual retreat, which took place over the weekend of August 16-18 in Utah, represented an opportunity for the board of directors and invitees to meet in an informal environment and make plans, share ideas, develop strategies and establish targets for the year ahead.
The purpose of the meeting was to help further the goals of the Heigl’s animal welfare Foundation, which encompass:
- Working directly to address the pet population crisis.
- Increased awareness of the inhumane treatment of animals.
- Support of non-profit animal rescue and advocacy organizations in their efforts to save shelter animals.
- Assisting homeless shelter and rescue animals by financing medical treatment and veterinary care.
- Funding and encouraging free spay / neuter programs and clinics.
- Placing rescue dogs and cats in loving homes.
- Providing safe havens for animals that have been abused or neglected.
- Educating the public about the horrors of puppy mills and dog fighting.
- Ensuring that perpetrators of animal abuse are held accountable and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Attendees also included members of the Just One team, the brand Katherine and Nancy have created to help build awareness of the plight of pets across the country. A percentage of the sale of every Just One product goes towards helping dogs and cats that have been abused, abandoned and neglected.