Monday, May 22, 2017 / 5:41 am
25 Things You Don’t Know
Katherine Heigl sat down with US Weekly for their regular "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" feature, which appeared in the May 1st edition of the magazine.
Find out what she revealed to readers!
25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- The best part about playing the villain in Unforgettable was the freedom to be bad with zero consequences.
- A teenage girl who recently started watching Grey's Anatomy asked me if I was Izzie Stevens' mother. That one hurt!
- I'm into crafting. I just figured out a pattern for a chunky knit beanbag cover that looks amazing.
- Tums got me through my pregnancy.
- The toughest part about being a mom (of Naleigh, 8, Adalaide, 5, and Joshua, 4 months) is the mommy guilt.
- My favorite shows are Doubt on CBS and This Is Us.
- The thing I love most about my husband (musician Josh Kelley) is his positivity and amazing sense of humor.
- The last time I laughed so hard I cried was yesterday. It's pretty much always at Josh's expense!
- I just discovered Ina Garten's spaghetti aglio e olio recipe. It took me 20 minutes to throw together, and it was delicious.
- A special day with my girls entails taking them to brunch and knitting lessons!
- I was starstruck when I talked to Shirley MacLaine. I spoke at the American Film Institute event honoring her in 2012, and we talked on the phone for, like, 10 minutes.
- The most rewarding part about being a mom is the overflowing of love, purpose, laughter and joy my children have brought to my life.
- My favorite animal on my ranch near Park City, Utah, is probably Hamlet the pig.
- Not a day goes by when I don't say at least five things I'm grateful for. When I forget, I swear the day is just a little less wonderful.
- The oldest thing I own is a T-shirt my brother got me from his college in the early '90s. I keep it because I remember how much it meant to me.
- A few of my shoes from State of Affairs somehow ended up in my closet. Not sure how that happened!
- My guilty pleasure is the occasional romance novel.
- If I'm going to eat fast food, I'll go to McDonald's for a Big Mac and fries.
- As a kid, my most treasured possessions were my baby doll, Jenny, and my teddy bear, PR, who now lives with the girls. I'm waiting for him to disappear, and then I'll know he was like the Velveteen Rabbit and came to life!
- I'd love to be a novelist.
- My go-to karaoke song is "I Wanna Be Your Lover" by Prince.
- Apps I use most on my phone: MealBoard, for grocery and meal planning, and Amazon for everything.
- Sometimes I believe in fate. Sometimes I don't.
- My favorite movie is the comedy-drama Steel Magnolias.
- I want to teach my kids to be courageous and compassionate, and to pursue their dreams. To choose joy, love and laughter every day. Now ask me how the hell I'm going to do that!